- An experienced results-driven CFRE professional ready for a new exciting challenge?
- A forward thinker and Interested in working for a growing national charity?
- A strong leader and effective communicator?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families coping with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in innovative Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that enriches our staff with professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization with a team that plans to expand, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
As the NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT and reporting to the CEO, you will be a key member of the senior leadership team. This position is located at the HSC national office in the vibrant uptown Waterloo, ON. Key responsibilities include the implementation of HSC’s new strategic plan (2019), overseeing the functional areas of: communications and marketing, grant submissions, donor and major gift solicitation and retention, chapter and volunteer development, and events management.
This position has three direct reports including: the Communications and Marketing Manager; Senior Manager, National Events and Chapter Development; and the Senior Manager of Development.
While overseeing these staff leads, the National Director of Development will manage key relations with donors, volunteers, chapter presidents, sponsors, corporations, and the HD scientific community.
- CFRE designation
- 7 + years of experience in fundraising, donor relationships and stewardship, grant proposals, and major gifts (outcome driven)
- 7-10 + years of experience in senior leadership and staff management (preferably in the non-profit, charitable, or health agency sectors)
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Experienced at implementing and managing strategic plans
- High degree of professionalism and attention to detail
- Working knowledge, experience, and management of Raiser’s Edge
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Extensive experience with budget development and operating financial management
- Promote public awareness about HD and HSC’s positive impact on the HD community
- Strong team leader with proven success in managing effective and collaborative staff teams
- Experience with planned giving programs
- Successful experience at securing grants from various organizations including corporations
- Proven experience with managing chapter standards
- Experience overseeing signature and chapter events an asset
- Ability to work independently and part of a collaborative senior leadership team
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “National Director of Development” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Huntington Society of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Huntington Society of Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.