Make a Difference in the Lives of those Affected by Huntington Disease.
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization which raises funds to deliver individual and group counseling services to support individuals and families living with Huntington disease (HD) and to fund medical research to delay or stop the progression of the disease. The Society also works with health and social service professionals to enable them to better serve people living with HD. The Society’s national office is located in Kitchener, Ontario with regional offices across Canada, which deliver support to families and individuals, plus 30 volunteer groups, or Chapters, engaged in fundraising. HSC raises approximately $4 million, annually, through a diversified fundraising portfolio, e.g., direct mail, personal calls, and special events.
We currently have one position available. Thank you for your interest.
SOCIAL WORKER BASED IN BRANDON, MB (PART-TIME)
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is currently recruiting a SOCIAL WORKER in the Brandon Westman Manitoba area to provide social work support. This is a part-time, 10 hours/month, contract position (with option of annual renewal) reporting to the Manitoba Resource Centre Director. Starting wage at $30.00/hour.
As a member of the HSC National Family Services Team, you will be facilitating a process whereby people at-risk for Huntington disease (HD), living with HD, their caregivers, and family members understand and adjust to the changes and losses brought about by HD and, as a result, maximize the quality of their lives. You will also work with professionals and volunteers to ensure HSC clients have access to a full continuum of services to meet their unique needs.
- Providing support and outreach services to individuals and families
- Facilitating support groups
- Linking with community services
- Delivering educational presentations
- Keeping electronic records and reports using an online database
- Connecting potential volunteers to local Chapter and National Office
- Staying connected to the new research and service tools via email and the HSC website
- Participating in regular supervision/review meetings (phone calls)
- Degree in social work: MSW preferred
- Registered with the Manitoba College of Social Workers
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Minimum of 5 years working experience providing individual/family support and community education/development
- Experience with progressive neurological diseases and/or disabilities preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s licence and recent criminal reference check (incl. vulnerable populations) required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and electronic client databases
Resumes, emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca , will be accepted until NOON (EST) Friday, May 5, 2017. Enter “Brandon MB Social Worker” in the subject line of your email.
Huntington Society of Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.