Highlights from the 2020 CHDI HD Therapeutics Conference are now here! This year’s Postcard covers HTT-lowering therapeutics, including an
Welcome to Huntington disease (HD) Awareness Month 2022! Although every month is an important time to raise awareness about Huntington disease, each May we come together to offer a concentrated effort of education, community spirit and hope.
This May, we are hosting many exciting events from our HD Hockey Classic to the Huntington Heroes National Virtual Walk and our well known campaign, Light It Up 4 HD. Aside from these initiatives we will continue to educate and build awareness about HD throughout #HDAwarenessMonth with HD profiles, awareness videos and so much more, stay tuned!
Light It Up 4 HD: Buildings and structures across Canada and the world light up in blue (for HD) and purple (for juvenile HD) throughout May, HD Awareness Month. This year we want to reach even more people so that those impacted can find hope as HD is brought out of the shadows and into the light.
Huntington Heroes National Virtual Walk: This May we are joining together in a united goal to walk 4000 km and raise $300,000 towards HD research and support services. In an effort to further awareness and community spirit, all of the walks will take place over the entire month of May with some even returning to in-person. This year we also launched an exciting new T-shirt design contest. The winning design and our official Huntington Heroes T-shirt this year (featured to the left) is available for purchase via the link below.
HD Hockey Classic: On May 14th, HSC will face off against HDSA at the inaugural HD Hockey Classic working together to raise much-needed funds and awareness to support our communities facing HD. This classic rivalry will play out on ice during HD Awareness Month at RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House in Newark – Home of the New Jersey Devils. You can root for the HSC team by watching the free livestream on YouTube or attending the game live.
Huntington disease (HD) Profiles – click on a profile below to read their HD story.
HD Awareness Month Videos:
We hope you’ll participate! It’s easy to join in the movement. Here are a few things you can do:
- Sign up for our newsletters to receive the latest HD Awareness Month news: Click here.
- Follow us on social media to participate in all of our activities: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Register for or donate to the Huntington Heroes National Virtual Walk: Click here.
- Buy tickets to attend our HD Hockey Classic or donate to the cause: Click here.
- Facebook Profile Frame – Option 1
- Facebook Profile Frame – Option 2
- Facebook Profile Frame – Option 3
- Social Media Photo – Option 1
- Social Media Photo – Option 2
- Social Media Photo – Option 3
- Social Media Photo – Option 4
- Create your own social media photo using our HD Awareness Month photo frame templates via Canva. Click here.
- HD Awareness – Crossword
- HD Awareness – Crossword (SOLUTIONS)
- HD Awareness – Word Search
- HD Awareness – Word Search (SOLUTIONS)
To learn more about Huntington disease, check out our fact sheets: https://www.huntingtonsociety.ca/hd-fact-sheets/