November 2-3, 2018
Registration opens May 22, 2018
The Huntington Society of Canada’s 2018 National Conference is an invaluable opportunity to connect the individuals impacted by HD with the professional teams that dedicate their lives to the research, caregiving, and treatment of HD. The Conference will feature world-class speakers addressing the topics of breaking research, current clinical trials, music therapy, animal therapy and so much more.
The 2018 Conference Will:
- Bring Canadian families affected by HD together for two days of education, team building and fun. The Conference offers them a place to feel safe, talk and learn. Participants will be able to go back to their own communities and share the cutting edge information they learn at this conference.
- Educate professional Social Workers to learn about new coping strategies and disease management options for HD.
- Inspire professional development, offering exposure to new skills and cutting edge information about HD.
- Inform the medical community, including General Medical Practitioners, Medical Students, Psychiatrists and Neurologists, and physical and occupational therapists about advancements in research and treatments for Huntington disease.
- Support Youth. A special day is included at the beginning of the Conference to bring together Young People affected by HD from across Canada. Many of the youth are members of Young People Affected by Huntington Disease or YPHAD, the Huntington Society of Canada’s official youth Chapter.
Registration will open at the end of May 2018. Stay tuned for registration details!
Missed the 2016 Conference? Click here for a summary and the videos!