New ways to contact our Family Services team
Are you new to the Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) and wish to be connected to a member of our team? Looking for support resources or information on Huntington disease (HD), or know someone who is?
We now have one link to capture all requests for information and support. Simply, fill out the confidential form and a member of our Family Services team will be in touch: https://contactme.cloud/form/huntingtonsociety
Prefer to talk to someone directly? Please call 1-800-998-7398 and enter the extension of the Family Services team member closest to you: https://www.huntingtonsociety.ca/family-services-team-list/
HD Resource Centres Across Canada
We look forward to connecting with you, and seeing how we can work together to improve the lives of people impacted by HD. To access the HD Resource Centre Director in your area click here.
Youth Affected by Huntington disease
As a chapter of the Huntington Society of Canada, Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD) aspires to a reliable treatment for Huntington disease
YPAHD STRIVES TO:
- Provide a community and support network for young people affected by HD.
- Increase public awareness thereby enabling others to understand the disease.
- Raise funds to deliver services for those living with HD and to further research in order to slow and prevent HD.
- Listen to and advocate for the needs and goals of young people affected by HD through the communication mechanisms provided by the Huntington Society of Canada.
To find out more about YPAHD please visit www.ypahd.ca.
Volunteer Chapters – What is a Huntington Society of Canada Chapter?
Chapters at the Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) are comprised of local families and volunteers who provide each other with informal support. This can include regular meetings, peer workshops, educational materials, and community activities on an ongoing basis, in partnership with HSC.
Our volunteers are never alone. We can support you in many ways.
- Offer training and educational support
- Assist with chapter operations, including event planning, family support, bookkeeping and finances, and the identification of potential donors
- Help plan fundraising and/or informative events in your community
- Help establish you as an area representative
- Facilitate the launch or re-invigoration a local chapter
Chapters play a leadership role in the organization, helping to shape and execute the Society’s mission through regular contact with each other & the key members of the Society. Representatives from HSC Chapters connect with each other regularly, through quarterly event meetings, quarterly leadership meetings, and at our National Conferences and together, we promote understanding, foster resilience, identify and increase coping skills as well as provide peer kinships with others facing similar experiences.
Have any questions? Give us a call at 1-800-998-7398 or email us at email@example.com.