TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2018 (11:00 p.m.ET)
- Announcement of decisions February 28, 2019
- Funding may commence June 30, 2019
The Huntington Society of Canada has created this pilot program to increase interest and participation in HD-specific research activities and provide an opportunity for clinicians to pursue future work on HD research projects within Canada. The purpose of this post-residency training is to provide expertise in the diagnosis and management of Huntington disease. Clinical training is the largest component of this hands-on program.
This Fellowship will be awarded by the Huntington Society of Canada. The award is $60,000 for one year.
Applicants must have completed post graduate training in neurology from a recognized institution and be eligible to practice in Canada.
Applications for funding are subject to review by the Society’s Research Council.
The criteria for evaluating applications are:
- Academic and clinical competence as related to neurological disorders, particularly Huntington Disease (i.e. diagnosis, clinical scores, symptomatic relief, clinical trials).
- The willingness for the trainee to remain in Canada for future clinical practice.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPORTING
The successful applicant must comply with the reporting requirements and all other conditions and terms outlined by the Huntington Society of Canada.
A final report that outlines the trainee’s progress and success in the Fellowship must be submitted within three months of the completion of the Fellowship.
Send applications (one copy of CV, the names of three references and a one page clinical fellowship statement of interest and goals) to:
HUNTINGTON SOCIETY OF CANADA
CLINICAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
151 Frederick Street, Suite 400
Kitchener, Ontario N2H 2M2
Tel: 519 749 7063
Fax: 519 749 8965
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org