The HSC Mentorship Program is designed to support young people across Canada facing the everyday challenges of growing up in a family affected by Huntington disease. HSC is committed to offering a nationwide mentoring program that provides youth with one-on-one time and attention with a mentor who will receive ongoing support from a Social Worker within the HSC.
The goal of the program is to offer young people the opportunity to connect with a mentor who will be able to provide them with valuable support at critical points in their lives. The adult volunteers involved in the mentoring program will also be from families affected by HD. Sharing this common experience may assist them in better understanding and connecting to the youth mentees. The mentors will be committed to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to the youth. The mentors will listen and provide the youth with accurate and age appropriate information.
The mentorship program strives to:
- Encourage and help prepare youth for the challenges they face
- Serve to help breakdown the sense of isolation many youth affected by HD experience
- Assist youth to make informed decisions about their life
- Provide youth with positive role models and support
- Connect youth to YPAHD (Young People Affected by HD) and the HD community
Download the Youth Mentor Application here.
Download the Youth Mentee (under the age of 18) Application here.
Download the Youth Mentee (over the age of 18) Application here.
For more information contact our Mentorship Coordinator at email@example.com or call Toll Free: 1-855- 253-0215