Travel Subsidy Funding Request
The Laura’s Hope Fund was established by Warren Evans to honour his daughter, Laura, who passed away from Juvenile Huntington disease in 2001.
Warren Evans passed away in August of 2014 and in his honour the fund will continue. Where the fund originally focused on New Treatments for Huntington disease it will now provide travel subsidies for graduate students in HD-centred labs, attending and presenting at Huntington focused meetings.
Warren was a great mentor and encouraged continuous learning in all of us. In the words of Warren Evans “Where do you want to spend your brilliance?”
- Trainee Travel Subsidy will be up to a maximum of $1,200.00 cdn.
- Trainee should be in graduate studies in and HD-centered laboratory, either Master’s or PhD, or MD-PhD level.
- Meetings should be a Huntington disease –specific meeting or related in Huntington disease or CAG triplet repeat disorders or alternatively, a meeting focused on drug discovery.
- An abstract for the meeting will be required. A presentation at the meeting, oral or poster will be required.
- Laura’s Hope- Application for Travel Subsidy for Graduate Students
- Return application to: email@example.com or mail to Huntington Society of Canada, 151 Frederick St, Suite 400, Kitchener, Ontario, N2H 2M2