The Huntington Society of Canada is very excited to announce the beginning of a new service: an online support group.
As this is an initial step into virtual support, we have decided to start with an at-risk group as our pilot group. We anticipate a few different groups to begin following the completion of this group and its evaluation.
The initial at-risk support group will consist of a six session, closed group format that runs bi-weekly, depending on feedback from the group. Interested individuals will need to complete an intake form and meet with Corey Janke via telephone to do an initial assessment, discuss expectations for confidentiality and group times/guidelines prior to the initial meeting. The maximum group size will consist of 8 participants.
The criteria for this group include:
- Living at-risk for HD
- 18 years of age or older
- Not currently part of another HSC support group
- Agrees to be connected to the local RCD/Social Worker for ongoing support or resource needs
- Complete intake process and sign confidentiality form
- Has access to technology that accesses Go to Meeting
- Commits to the 6 sessions and will provide feedback regarding group experience
If this sounds like a program that fits your needs and you are willing to participate in this exciting opportunity or have any additional questions, please contact Corey Janke, National Social Worker at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519-672-6666.