JOB POSTING: Educator – Family Services
Part-Time, Permanent (12.5 hours per week)
- a passionate learner, facilitator and educator?
- energized by the development and delivery of educational resources?
- organized, resourceful and adaptable?
Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative Family Services team is in search of a Family Services Educator (FSE) who can provide educational sessions and resources. This position reports to the National Director of Family Services.
- Analyzing needs, developing and delivering education for the Family Services Team (FST)
- Providing education and acting as a super-user support for the Penelope program
- Supporting data collection, analysis and administrative support for the National Director, Family Services
- Maintenance of HD educational resources
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective project management skills
- Inspirational leadership skills and ability to effectively lead and coach
- Understanding principles of adult education and literacy
- Cultural sensitivity
- Bachelor degree in social work or equivalent
- Current registered member of a provincial regulatory body in social work or equivalent
- Additional training in education/leadership
- Minimum 2 years direct work experience as an educator/trainer in the social services sector
- 7 years plus clinical experience in health care, mental health fields
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, pre-and post-assessment metrics, and delivering high quality education utilizing a variety of technologies
- Experience with Huntington disease (HD) and/or other neurodegenerative diseases
Resumes with cover letter can be emailed by end of day on June 8th, 2021 to:
Please enter “Educator – Family Services” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest; only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.