JOB POSTING: Central ON Resource Centre Director
Full-Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- an experienced social worker with a client-centred approach?
- interested in working from home for a growing national charity?
- organized, resourceful and adaptable?
Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative Family Services team is in search of a Resource Centre Director (RCD) who can provide support and education to individuals, families, and professionals in Halton/Peel, Hamilton, Niagara and St-Catharines regions. This position reports to the National Director, Family Services.
- Provides ongoing support to individuals, groups, carers, and families affected by HD via phone, email, videoconference and home visits
- Provide education to community and health care professionals about HD in person and virtually
- Facilitate support groups for persons with HD and for their carers
- Collaborate with the genetics and HD clinic teams to ensure continuity of care in community
- Collaborate on HD specific educational resources with Family Services team
- Attend the biennial national conference held in different locations across Canada
- Travel across Central Ontario as needed (as per local health authority guidelines)
- Degree in social work (BSW or MSW) or related field
- Current member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers (OCSWSSW) or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in social work or related field
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract and access to reliable transportation
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of regional and local community services and programs available in Central Ontario including Peel/Halton, Hamilton, Niagara and St-Catherines regions
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with support group facilitation and progressive neurodegenerative diseases preferred
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office programs
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Resumes with cover letter can be emailed by end of day on July 29, 2021 to:
Please enter “Central ON Resource Centre Director” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.