The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is excited to announce the beginning of a new service: an online support group. As this is a first step into virtual support, we will pilot the new program with an At-Risk online support group. We anticipate the options of virtual support will grow once we have established the pilot.
The online At Risk support group will consist of six sessions in a closed group format that runs bi-weekly. Interested individuals will need to complete an intake form and meet with Corey Janke via telephone to do an initial assessment, discuss expectations for confidentiality and the group times/guidelines prior to the first group meeting. The group will consist of a maximum of 8 participants.
The criteria for this group include:
- Living at risk for HD
- 18 years of age or older
- Not currently part of another HSC support group
- Agrees to be connected to the local RCD/Social Worker for ongoing support or resource needs
- Completes intake process and signs confidentiality form
- Has access to technology that accesses Go to Meeting
- Commits to the 6 sessions and will provide feedback re: group experience
If this sounds like a program that fits your needs, you are willing to participate in this new support format, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Corey Janke, RSW
National Social Worker
Keep an eye on the HSC website for future online support group opportunities!