The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is excited to announce the beginning of a new service: an online support forum. As this is a first step into virtual support, we will pilot the new program with an ‘At-Risk’ online support forum. We anticipate the options of virtual support will grow once we have established the pilot.
The online ‘At Risk’ support forum will consist of six sessions in a closed group format that runs bi-weekly. Interested individuals will need to complete an intake form and meet with Corey Janke via telephone to undergo an initial assessment, discuss expectations for confidentiality and the group times/guidelines prior to the first online meeting. The forum will consist of a maximum of 8 participants.
The criteria for this forum includes individuals who…
- Are currently living at risk for HD
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are not currently participating in another HSC support group
- Agree to be connected to the local RCD/Social Worker for ongoing support or resource needs
- Complete the intake process and signs confidentiality form
- Have access to technology that accesses Go to Meeting software
- Commit to the 6 sessions and will provide feedback re: evaluation of the experience
If this sounds like a program that fits your needs, you are willing to participate in this new support format, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Corey Janke, RSW
National Social Worker
Keep an eye on the HSC website for future online support group opportunities!