You did it! You made 2015 HD Awareness Month a HUGE success!
WOW, what a month!
As of Friday, media coverage was up over last year by 15% and we keep getting more notices that the media heard how important HD is.
As of May 29 we had 84 articles in newspapers across Canada on HD, HSC and genetic discrimination.
Even more is coming, thanks in large part to Bernie Modrovsky and Shannon MacKinnon in Alberta. This past weekend’s panel discussion and mini-documentary in Alberta is going to generate even more headlines.
May Awareness Highlights:
- Just 1 picture of #LightItUp4HD of lighting up the CN Tower in Toronto reached over 37,000 people on HSC’s Facebook page
- Heather Reisman of Indigo in conversation with Lisa Genova about “Inside the O’Briens” was seen by over 2,400 people on May 14th on Facebook
- The Inside the O’Briens E-gift card campaign yielded over 700 people purchasing egift cards and donating 10% of their purchase to the Huntington Society
- Volunteers and events were highlighted every day of May on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram in the HD In Focus Picture of the Day #potd
- 40 newspapers published our Do You Really Want to Know public service announcement ad
- And best of all our total publicity value—what we would have to pay to get advertising– for May as of Friday was just over $200,000
You were talking about HD like never before and people were listening. Thank you for making that extra effort during the month of May to increase our profile across Canada.