*Permanent, Part-Time (25 hours per week)*
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) currently has an opportunity for a social worker as the RESOURCE CENTRE DIRECTOR – EASTERN ONTARIO on the Family Services team. The Eastern ON Resource Centre includes regions east of Deep River, Ottawa/Carleton as well as the Kingston and Belleville Regions. This is a permanent, part-time (25 hours per week), home office based position reporting to the HSC National Director of Family Services.
HSC is the only national organization aspiring to end Huntington Disease (HD) by funding research and raising awareness about the disease. At HSC, family is at the heart of our community. Our staff, families and volunteers tell a powerful story of caring people who pull together to improve the quality of life for Canadians affected by HD.
The Resource Centre Director will be responsible for facilitating a process whereby people living with Huntington disease (HD), their carers and family members (including those at-risk) understand and adjust to the changes and losses brought about by HD. The goal is to maximize the quality of their lives. You will work with professionals and volunteers to ensure HSC clients have access to a full continuum of services to meet their unique needs.
- Providing ongoing support to individuals, groups, caregivers, and families affected by HD via phone, email and home visits
- Facilitation of support groups for persons with HD and for their carers
- Attendance at the biennial national conference held in different locations across Canada
- Regional travel within Eastern Ontario as needed
- Supervision of one casual part-time staff member
- Degree in social work (BSW or MSW) or related field
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers (OCSWSSW) or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in social work or related field
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract and access to reliable transportation
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of regional and local community services and programs available in Eastern Ontario including Kingston/Belleville Regions
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with support group facilitation
- Experience with progressive neurodegenerative diseases preferred
- Experience with staff supervision preferred
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office programs
- Travel and participation in national team meetings and professional development (twice per year)
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter addressed to the National Director of Family Services to: email@example.com. Please enter “Eastern ON Resource Centre Director” as the subject of your email. Application deadline is Jan. 31, 2020.
HSC is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, HSC will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.