How can I sell more Amaryllis kits?
– Hopeful in Hamilton
Dear Hopeful in Hamilton,
First of all, thank you for choosing to participate in the Amaryllis campaign! There’s lots of great ways to sell your kits, but some tips from our friends, the Hepplestons are…
- Attend markets. Especially around Christmas time, a lot of markets start looking to fill vendor booths. Many markets give discounted or free tables to charities, too!
- Leave no stone unturned. There are several opportunities for buyers that you wouldn’t even think of. For example your workplace, religious communities or your residential community.
- Ask HSC for information materials. The most common questions Amaryllis sellers receive is “where is my money going?” and “what is HD?”. HSC can send you materials with this information to hand out!
- Advertise, Advertise, Advertise. Use your social media to promote that you are participating in the campaign – you never know who is interested in buying! Try advertising the bulbs as great Holiday gifts, Teacher gifts or Secret Santa gifts, too. This can help to encourage buyers to purchase the bulbs when they weren’t sure of how to use the flower.
- Grow a bulb early to show off. Many potential buyers want to know the colour, size and look of the flower before purchasing. Planting your own bulb early to have a blooming flower to show people could boost sales!
Good luck in your selling! If you have further questions or need more tips, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-998-7398 ext. 134.