Events are vital to the HD Community.
Every year thousands of families and friends across Canada attend HSC volunteer events.
They bring the HD community together and promote public engagement, which in turn, educates people about HD and raises awareness.
Volunteer events raise a significant amount of funds annually which are directed to research, support services and education.
Events also promote inclusion. Often families who are affected by HD feel isolated. Events bring like-minded people together, provide a safe accepting environment and foster a sense of belonging.
Most importantly, events are a way to have fun. Participating in an event and contributing to an important cause is enjoyable and satisfying whether you are young or young at heart.
Here are 5 ways to inspire and engage your community by building on an event near you.
1. Share HD and event news on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
2. Attend an event in your area
3. Sponsor a teamHD participant
4. Contact your local media and let them know about HD
5. Have fun! Nothing builds community like having fun at an event.
Spring, summer, fall and winter—there are plenty of events to attend throughout the year. We have a calendar of events right here on our website.