The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization which raises funds to deliver individual and group counseling services to support individuals and families living with Huntington disease (HD) and to fund medical research to delay or stop the progression of the disease. The Society also works with health and social service professionals to enable them to better serve people living with HD. The Society’s National office is located in Kitchener Ontario with regional offices across Canada, which delivers support to families and individuals, plus 30 volunteer groups or Chapters engaged in fundraising. HSC raises approximately $4 million annually through a diversified fundraising portfolio, e.g., direct mail, major gifts, and special events.
HSC is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Development, to support successfully advancing the mission of the Huntington Society of Canada.
The Senior Manager, Development supports leadership HSC fundraising initiatives through:
- Data mining of donor database
- Management for the Society’s Direct Mail Campaign
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors.
- Oversight and responsibility for the gift processing function of the Society, overseeing the tax receipting process in a timely manner, notifying staff solicitors when a major gift is received in order for the donor to be stewarded;
- Leadership for the oversight of the database, completing reports and queries for all departments; database growth and the management of its integrity
- Ensuring that the manuals of standard processes are developed and maintained on a quarterly basis and that staff are fully trained
- Responsible for supervision, team building, mentoring and evaluation of direct reporting staff.
This is contract position, for approximately 12 months, covering a maternity leave. The role will begin in the fall of 2018, and is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position.
- Five or more years of fundraising experience
- Excellent proficiency working with The Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM tool, including knowledge of donor reports and query processing
- Excellent software skills in particular Word and Excel
- Substantial technical skills including database and record management
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Post-secondary education in fundraising or a related field
- Strong writing, editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Results oriented, strategic and flexible
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project coordination, data management and analysis
How to Apply:
- Please forward your resume with a cover letter and salary expectations
- By Mail: Huntington Society of Canada c/o Jeffrey Hoffman 151 Frederick Street, Suite 400, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
- By E-mail: HR@huntingtonsociety.ca
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted