Part-Time, Permanent (28 hours per week)
- an experienced social worker with a client-centred approach?
- interested in working from home for a growing national charity?
- organized, resourceful and adaptable?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative Family Services team is in search of a Resource Centre Director (RCD) who can lead the support, education and advocacy efforts in Southern Alberta (AB). This position reports to the National Director of Family Services. The Southern AB Resource Centre includes regions south of Red Deer, AB to the US border.
- Support people living with HD, their carers and family members in understanding and adjusting to the various changes and stages of HD, with the goal to maximize quality of life.
- Advocate for, collaborate and coordinate services with professionals to ensure HSC clients have access to a full continuum of services to meet their unique needs.
- Provide outreach for client and family meetings as well as case consultations with health and community services across southern AB
- Facilitate and deliver HD education sessions to health and community services
- Coordinate and facilitate the HD community support groups
- Collaborate with the Calgary Movement Disorders and Genetics clinics as well local Chapter volunteer group
- Travel to, and participation in, national team meetings (twice per year) and the biennial HSC national conference (held at various sites across Canada)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in social work or related field
- Bachelor or Master degree in social work (or related field)
- Valid registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (or equivalent)
- Current knowledge of provincial and regional community and health services/programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with progressive neurodegenerative diseases preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract and access to reliable transportation
- Travel is required across the Resource Centre geographical regions
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping, virtual meeting platforms and Microsoft Office programs
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Resumes with cover letter can be emailed by end of day on November 24, 2020 to:
Please enter “Southern Alberta Resource Centre Director” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
*HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.*