The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is proud to offer an online support group for those at-risk/gene + for HD.
The next session will include two groups: Eastern Region (ON to NL) and Western Region (BC to MB).
The at-risk/gene + support group will consist of an eight-session, closed group format that runs bi-weekly, depending on feedback from the group. Interested individuals will need to complete an intake form and meet with Corey Janke via telephone to do an initial assessment, discuss expectations for confidentiality and group times/guidelines prior to the initial meeting. The maximum group size will consist of 8 participants.
The criteria for this group include that the individual:
- Is living at-risk for HD
- Is 18 years of age or older
- Is not currently part of another HSC support group
- Agrees to be connected to the local RCD/social worker for ongoing support or resource needs
- Will complete intake process and sign confidentiality form
- Has access to technology that accesses Go to Meeting
- Commits to the eight sessions and will provide feedback regarding group experience
If this sounds like a program that fits your needs and you are willing to participate in this exciting opportunity or have any additional questions, please contact Corey Janke, national social worker at email@example.com or by calling 519-672-6666.
*Next group begins the week of Jan. 18, 2021*