*Full-Time, Temporary (12 month contract)*
- Passionate and excited about event planning and fundraising?
- A mentor and teacher, eager to empower and lead volunteers to achieve organizational goals?
- Outgoing, adaptable and organized?
- Interested in working for a growing national charity?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative team is in search of a temporary Manager, National Events and Chapter Development (maternity leave coverage), to support volunteers in achieving event-related goals while seeking new sources of revenue. This position reports to the National Director of Development.
- Responsible for developing, and achieving departmental fundraising targets
- Primary contact between HSC and the volunteer community
- Project manager, directly responsible for planning and execution of HSC’s community-attended national events portfolio, including but not limited to: biennial National Conference and biennial Community Education Forums
- Assess Chapter/community needs & priorities, and develop local programs as appropriate
- Strategic development of fundraising events portfolio
- Establish fundraising volunteer development program via NCAG and Town Hall training sessions while facilitating increased information sharing
- Attend planning meetings and events when possible/appropriate
- Development and management of virtual fundraising events
- Responsible for supervision, team building, mentoring and evaluation of direct reporting staff
- 5 plus years of experience in volunteer and events management (ideally chapter development)
- 2-3 years supervisory or management experience
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite programs
- Proficient with event and volunteer management tools and software
- Hands on budgeting experience including setting fundraising targets
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience working on multiple simultaneous projects and assessing and setting priorities
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change focus as priorities shift
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed by 12 noon on August 4, 2020 to:
Please enter “Manager, National Events and Chapter Development” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.