Help us light up the world!
Together let’s raise the visibility of Juvenile HD and HD.
Thanks to local and national volunteers our LightItUp4HD campaign is gaining lots of attention. With the encouragement from volunteers across Canada (and even the globe!) we are expanding #LightItUp4HD. Let’s light up the world in purple and blue, for Juvenile Huntington disease (JHD) and Huntington disease (HD), throughout the month of May 2019!
The more days we can light up, the more awareness we will bring to HD. Our goal is to #LightItUp4HD, somewhere in the world, each day of the month. Rather than one day, we are looking to celebrate May Awareness each and every day of May 2020.
Want to see how we did last year? Check out this video from 2019’s #LightItUp4HD. In Canada, 55 sites participated in #LightItUp4HD, while another 114 international buildings, monuments and other structures lit up in blue for HD and/or purple for JHD. In 2019, an international total of 169 sites participated – nearly 50 more than in 2018.
Confirmed sites (Check back often):
Newfoundland and Labrador
- City Hall: Guelph, ON – May 1, 2020
Prince Edward Island
Western Australia (State)
- Optus Stadium: May 1-2, 2020
- Elizabeth Quay: May 1-2, 2020
- The Belltower: May 1-2, 2020
- Matagarup Bridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Mount street pedestrian Bridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Sky ribbon Bridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Council House: May 1-2, 2020
- Trafalgar Bridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Yagan Square: May 1-2, 2020
- Fremantle Prison: May 1-2, 2020
- Bunbury Cathedral: May 1-2, 2020
- Bunbury Tower: May 1-2, 2020
- Koombana Footbridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Mandurah Bridge: May 1-2, 2020
- Geraldton Queens Park Theatre: May 1-2, 2020
- Strathclyde University Technology and Innovation Centre (TIC): Glasgow – May 9-11, 2020 (in conjunction with the International HYDO Young Adults Congress)