JOB POSTING: Volunteer Coordinator
- Passionate and excited about working with volunteers?
- Ready to empower and lead volunteers to achieve organizational goals?
- Organized and able to juggle competing priorities?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our team is in search of a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, onboard, and, support volunteers in achieving organizational goals. This newly created position reports to the Senior Manager, National Events and Chapter Development.
- Lead contact between the organization and all HSC volunteers
- Recruit, onboard, train, and manage volunteers
- Provide ongoing guidance to volunteers
- Collect volunteer information, availability, skills, and maintain an up to date volunteer database
- Track and monitor progress of volunteer assignments and projects
- Research and develop a new volunteer management program (including the development of volunteer policies and procedures)
- Develop volunteer program communications
- Ensure collection of codes of conduct, policy, and accountability sign offs for volunteer requirements
- Develop succession planning strategies
- Work alongside Manager of Development with Amaryllis campaign coordinators
- Participate in community interviews to help support the communications and development functions
- Establish and maintain a robust volunteer recognition program
- 2-3 years of proven experience in volunteer management
- Post-secondary education (University degree or college diploma in a related field or business)
- Volunteer Management Certificate preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite programs
- Experience maintaining a volunteer or customer service (CRM) database
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience developing volunteer policies and procedures
- Able to work well with a large and diverse volunteer community
- Diversity training (academic or experience) would be an asset
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed by end of day on October 7, 2021 to:
Please enter “Volunteer Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.