Highlights from the 2020 CHDI HD Therapeutics Conference are now here! This year’s Postcard covers HTT-lowering therapeutics, including an
HD Awareness Month 2021
Welcome to Huntington disease (HD) Awareness Month 2021! Although every month is an important time to raise awareness about Huntington disease, each May we come together to offer a concentrated effort of education, community spirit and hope. Here are just a few of the components of #HDAwarenessMonth:
- Light It Up 4 HD: Buildings, monuments, structures and signs across Canada and the world light up in blue (for HD) and purple (for juvenile HD): Click here for a list of confirmed 2021 #LightItUp4HD sites so far.
- Four weeks of spirit activities hosted on social media to engage our community and spread the word.
- Our National Virtual Walk, held on May 29-30, uniting community members virtually across the country, fundraising for leading research and impactful support services.
Here’s an overview of what we have in store for #HDAwarenessMonth:
Week 1 (May 3): Fill Your Feed with Blue and Purple
Post photos of yourselves, pets sporting blue and purple, or nature scenes featuring blue and purple
Let’s fill social media with Blue and/or Purple and use the #HDAwarenessMonth!
Week 2 (May 10): Fun and Fundraisers Week
We’ll be posting some fun activities to do via Facebook or to print off and share with the family
Check out some amazing fundraisers in action
Learn some great fundraising tips for the National Virtual Walk
Week 3 (May 17): HD Spirit @ Home
Let’s see your HD Spirit @ Home with lights, banners, bunting, chalk art, arts and crafts
Check out some early photos of Light It Up 4 HD across Canada and across the world
Check out our Downloadable Resources section below for some fun HD Awareness Month Crosswords and Word Searches!
Week 4 (May 25): Who is Your Huntington Hero?
Post photos or videos of your Huntington Hero or with your Huntington Hero T-Shirt
Print off your Race Bib and post a photo telling us who you are walking for and where you are walking
Countdown is on for the walk!
We hope you’ll participate! It’s easy to join in the movement. Here are a few things you can do:
- Add an #HDAwarenessMonth frame to your Facebook profile picture: Click here.
- Sign up for our newsletters to receive the latest HD Awareness Month news: Click here.
- Follow us on social media to participate in all of our activities: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Register for or donate to the Huntington Heroes National Virtual Walk: Click here.
- May Awareness 2021 Calendar
- May Awareness – Suggested Social Media Copy
- May Awareness Photo Frame – Option 1
- May Awareness Photo Frame – Option 2
- HD Awareness – Crossword
- HD Awareness – Crossword (SOLUTIONS)
- HD Awareness – Word Search
- HD Awareness – Word Search (SOLUTIONS)
To learn more about Huntington disease, check out our fact sheets: https://www.huntingtonsociety.ca/hd-fact-sheets/