The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a nonprofit, charitable organization which raises funds to deliver individual and group counseling services to support individuals and families living with Huntington disease (HD) and to fund medical research to delay or stop the progression of the disease. The Society also works with health and social service professionals to enable them to better serve people living with HD. The Society’s National office is located in Kitchener Ontario with regional offices across Canada, which delivers support to families and individuals, plus 30 volunteer groups or Chapters engaged in fundraising. HSC raises approximately $4 million annually through a diversified fundraising portfolio, e.g., direct mail, major gifts, and special events.
Working out of our Kitchener office, HSC is currently seeking a Donations Coordinator, to support successfully advancing the mission of the Huntington Society of Canada.
The Donations Coordinator supports fundraising initiatives through:
- Processing of incoming donations
- Preparing, reconciling and entering e-deposited donations (e.g. online donations, payroll deductions, automatic credit card and bank deposits, wired funds)
- Create, print and mail donor thank you letters
- Produce donor tax receipts and maintain accurate receipt records
- Maintain a file of letters which are continually updated and customized for specific donations, or merged with template letters for mass production
- Maintain donor records ensuring up-to-date and accurate information
- Maintain accurate pledge records, reporting on upcoming pledge payments and sending out pledge reminders
- Assist with donor inquiries
- Maintain and update operational procedures
- Produce mass mailings for appeals and stewardship projects
Starting in July 2018, this is a full time (37.5 hours per week) position.
- Two years of administrative experience
- College diploma in a related field
- Proficiency working with The Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM tool, including knowledge of donor reports and query processing
- Excellent software skills in particular MS Word and Excel
- Strong data entry skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail; highly-organized and systematic
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and CRA guidelines
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Capacity to handle confidential information appropriately
- Substantial technical skills including database and record management
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivated
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work with diverse populations
How to Apply:
- Please forward your resume with a cover letter and salary expectations by 4 p.m. on June 22, 2018.
- By Mail: Huntington Society of Canada c/o Kate Dalgleish 151 Frederick Street, Suite 400, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
- By E-mail: HR@huntingtonsociety.ca
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.