The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charitable organization dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families grappling with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in cutting-edge Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
HSC is a unified organization that connects a community of Canadians including researchers, donors, advocates and the HD Community to change the reality of families living with this neurological disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that looks to grow our people, through professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization that we are also looking to grow, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
HSC is seeking an organized Donations Administrator, to work as part of the Development team, assisting with the mission to grow revenue.
The Donations Administrator is key to accurately processing all incoming donations, producing tax receipts, and maintaining HSC’s donor database.
- Processing of incoming donations
- Preparing, reconciling and entering e-deposited donations (e.g. online donations, payroll deductions, automatic credit card and bank deposits, wired funds)
- Create, print and mail donor thank you letters
- Produce donor tax receipts and maintain accurate receipt records
- Maintain donor records in database, ensuring up-to-date and accurate information
- Maintain accurate pledge records, reporting on upcoming pledge payments and sending out pledge reminders
- Assist with donor inquiries
- Produce mass mailings for appeals and stewardship projects
- Assist management with running donor inquiries and reports
- Minimum two years’ experience in donation administration
- Strong data entry skills
- Experience generating charitable tax receipts
- Experience with donor database maintenance (preferable Raiser’s Edge)
- College diploma in related field (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word)
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with donor inquiries
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca and will be accepted until
End of day Friday, February 14, 2020. Please note position title in subject line.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant as requested.