The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families coping with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in innovative Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
HSC is a unified organization that connects a community of Canadians including the individuals and families affected by the disease, researchers, donors, and advocates to change the reality of living with this progressive neurological disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that looks to grow our people, through professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization that we are also looking to grow, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) currently has an opportunity for a seasoned manager to take on the role of DIRECTOR OF FAMILY SERVICES as a key member of the senior leadership team. This is a permanent full time position reporting to the CEO. The position is located at National Office in Waterloo, ON and reports to the CEO.
Key accountabilities for this position include strategic planning, program development, delivery, and evaluation, information management, and people management.
Main responsibilities are as outlined in the current job description.
- Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- Valid registration with Ontario College of Social Workers
- Professionally trained in a clinical/therapeutic role with service development capacity, preferably in a community setting
- 7-10 years of experience in a social work field
- Understanding of the complexities of navigating the health and social service system
- Known as a leader and coach of cohesive teams
- At least 5 years management experience
- Experience with project management and strategic planning
- Ability to lead cross-organizational change/development
- Solid analytical skills
- Flexible and ability to work with uncertainty
- Self-starter/shows initiative
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Bilingualism (French is an asset)
- Practical perspective, willing to roll-up sleeves as necessary
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite programs
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter “Director of Family Services” as the subject of your email. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Huntington Society of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Huntington Society of Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.