The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charitable organization dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families grappling with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in cutting-edge Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
HSC is a unified organization that connects a community of Canadians including researchers, donors, advocates and the HD Community to change the reality of families living with this neurological disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that looks to grow our people, through professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization that we are also looking to grow, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
HSC is seeking an experienced Development Coordinator, to work as a key part of the Development team, assisting with the mission to grow revenue.
The Development Coordinator will focus on pro-actively developing and maintaining a donor pool, researching and writing grant applications, overseeing the annual Amaryllis campaign, and maintaining data integrity in the donor database.
Generating Strategic Prospects and Donor Relationships
- Supports the generation of strategic donor prospects and assists with managing those relationships
- Maximizes revenue by maintaining and ensuring accuracy of the data in the donor database
- Conducts research to identify and engage appropriate prospects
- Implements the HSC stewardship strategy and records interactions and updates in database
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Undertakes research to identify appropriate grant and/or sponsorship opportunities
- Prepare grant applications with appropriate supporting documentation while meeting deadlines
- Submit progress and stewardship reports
- Track and ensure commitments to funders are met
National Amaryllis Campaign
- Responsible for the day to day management of the campaign
- Actively seek growth opportunities as appropriate
- Coordinate the promotion and marketing of the campaign
- Maintain and fulfill orders while ensuring accurate recording in database
- Oversee the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) in working with the Donations Administrator
- Prepare regular and as requested reports and inquiries from the donor database
- Periodically audit the donor database for data accuracy and integrity
- Two to Three years’ experience in a similar development role
- Minimum two years’ experience with grant writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong donor relation skills
- Proficient experience with donor database maintenance (preferable Raiser’s Edge)
- College diploma in related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Word)
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca and will be accepted until
End of day Friday, February 14, 2020. Please note position title in subject line.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant as requested.