Empower and engage leadership volunteers and third-party groups in organizing events which generate funds and awareness for families and individuals impacted by Huntington disease.
- Passionate and excited about event planning and fundraising?
- A mentor and teacher, eager to empower and lead volunteers to achieve organizational goals?
- Outgoing, adaptable and organized?
- Motivated by ever-changing workloads, with new opportunities and focuses each day?
- Interested in working for a growing national charity?
- Energized by travelling across Canada to events and meetings?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative team is growing and in search of a Community Events Coordinator, to support volunteers in achieving event-related goals while seeking new sources of revenue as we grow our events-based revenue from $1.4 million to $2 million.
This role is both a relationship-building role and a task-focused role, ideal for a candidate with 2-3 years of previous experience in planning fundraising events. The Community Events Coordinator portfolio includes 4 main pillars:
- Advancement of 150+ community-organized fundraising events per year through resource/material development and strategic support (70%)
- Volunteer engagement including training and development to further support the community events (10%)
- Strategic partnerships and revenue development (10%)
- Departmental support of national events including National Conferences, Community Education Forums, and YPAHD (Young People Affected by HD) Days (10%)
What Are We Looking For?
- 2-3 years fundraising event experience
- Post-secondary degree with specialization in event management or fundraising (a combination of work experience/education will be considered)
- A track record of results in growing and expanding revenue through events and other opportunities
- Thrive in fast-paced work environments, using an attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure exceptional work is completed on a tight timeline
- Experience working with volunteers, forming compassionate relationships built on trust and respect
- Self-starter with the ability to guide work independently while keeping team apprised of progress
- Cool and calm under pressure
- Creative and resourceful, finding inspired solutions to both old and new problems
- Proven experience working on multiple simultaneous projects and assessing and setting priorities
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change focus as priorities shift
Programs We Use:
- Adobe InDesign
- Raiser’s Edge
Location: Waterloo, ON
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, permanent, full-time. Evening and weekend hours several times per month.
Reports to: Senior Manager, National Events and Chapter Development
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed to HR@huntingtonsociety.ca and will be accepted until filled.
Please enter “Community Events Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.