- Passionate and excited about being a part of a dynamic team?
- Looking to take the lead on the communications support for a growing national charity?
- Strong communicator, adaptable and organized?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative team is in search of an experienced Communications Specialist who will be a key member of the team. This position reports to the National Director of Development.
- Coordinates and controls various corporate communications: electronic newsletters, publications, digital assets, media, and community engagement activities
- Controls and maintains corporate website
- Drives brand awareness and works to achieve consistency
- Liaise with external suppliers and agencies as well as internal project teams
- Develop schedules and timelines to ensure communications projects are completed on time and within budget
- Support events team with promotional material for the HSC conference, YPAHD days, and community education forums
- Plan for social media and digital properties
- Coordinate the design of annual reports and other flagship documents
- Create graphic assets to support materials and fundraising initiatives
- Monitor media and social media
- Document HSC media coverage
- 4 years or more communications experience preferably with a non-profit or charitable organization
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise with project coordination and various communications
- Strong knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- 2 years or more hands on experience managing website(s)
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with WordPress, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed by end of day on November 30, 2020 to:
Please enter “Communications Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.