JOB POSTING: Administrative Assistant
- Organized and able to juggle multiple competing priorities?
- A strong communicator with attention to detail?
- Experienced working with non-profit Boards and committees?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative team has an opportunity for an organized Administrative Assistant to support the CEO, provide board and committee support, support research initiatives as well as Human Resources (HR) support and office administration. This position reports to the CEO.
- Provide professional administrative assistance to CEO
- Maintain policy manuals (policy and procedure updates including HR policies)
- Support board with solicitation and orientation of new board members
- Support Chair in administrative duties of the board (including managing board portal, booking meetings)
- Attend meetings, preparing agenda/board packages, and detailed minutes
- Maintain research projection documentation and agreements
- Support the Navigator research project and Clinical Fellowship cycles of posting applications, receipt of applications, review, notification of successful candidates, final reports
- Provide support to HR functions (hiring, onboarding, training)
- Answer phone and electronic communications and direct to appropriate party
- Point of contact for internal and external clients
- Courier and mail coordination
- Update and maintain office electronic and office filing systems
- College diploma in Office Administration (minimum 2 year)
- 3 years proven experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant to the CEO in a non-profit setting (preferably charitable sector)
- 2 years proven experience supporting board and committee functions
- Advance working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite programs
- Strong understanding of handling confidential information
- Proficient detail-oriented minute taker
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed by end of day on May 10th, 2021:
Please enter “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.