The 2018 Huntington Society of Canada National Conference saw several informative and engaging presentations. The Conference:
- Brought Canadian families affected by HD together for two days of education, team building and fun. The Conference offered them a place to feel safe, talk and learn. Participants were able to go back to their own communities and share the cutting edge information they learned at this conference.
- Educated professional Social Workers to learn about new coping strategies and disease management options for HD.
- Inspired professional development, offering exposure to new skills and cutting edge information about HD.
- Informed the medical community, including General Medical Practitioners, Medical Students, Psychiatrists and Neurologists, and physical and occupational therapists about advancements in research and treatments for Huntington disease.
- Supported Youth. The special day included at the beginning of the Conference brought together Young People affected by HD from across Canada. Many of the youth were members of Young People Affected by Huntington Disease (YPAHD), the Huntington Society of Canada’s official youth Chapter.
Click here to see photos of the Conference weekend on our Facebook page.
Watch the recordings of some of the presentations by visiting our YouTube channel!