Help us light up the world!
Together let’s raise the visibility of Juvenile HD and HD.
Thanks to local and national volunteers our LightItUp4HD campaign is gaining lots of attention. With the encouragement from volunteers across Canada (and even the globe!) we are expanding #LightItUp4HD. Let’s light up the world in purple and blue, for Juvenile HD and HD, throughout the month of May 2017! The more days we can light up, the more awareness we will bring to HD. Our goal is to #LightItUp4HD, somewhere in the world, each day of the month. Rather than one day, we are looking to celebrate May Awareness each and every day of May 2017.
WHO IS INVOLVED?
Canada – Confirmed Locations from 2016
- Langevin Bridge, Calgary – May 3
The Langevin Bridge will be lighting at dusk. For more information about the Bridge, and how to get there, please click here.
- Calgary Tower – May 4
- Telus Spark, Calgary – May 5-6
- Stephen Ave Galleria Trees, Calgary – May 8
- High Level Bridge, Edmonton – May 21
- Legislature/Parliament Building, Victoria – May 6
- BC Place, Vancouver – May 20
- Spirit of Sail, Kelowna – May 31
- The Forks, Winnipeg – May 9-13
- Halifax City Hall – May 24
- Caesars Windsor – May 1
- Guelph City Hall – May 2
- C.N. Tower, Toronto – May 5
- City of Welland Bridge – May 16-18
- Niagara Falls – May 18
- 3D Toronto Sign – May 25 at 9AM for 24 hours
United States – Confirmed Locations from 2016
Ireland – Confirmed Sites from 2016
Scotland – Sites to be confirmed from 2016
Spain – Confirmed sites from 2016
- Hotel Cordoba Center – May 5
- Central Courtyard of the Hospital de Santiago, Úbeda – May 5
- City Council of Palma, Mallorca – May 5
- Building Torre del Baró – May 5
- Fuentes Gemelas de Plaza Catalunya – May 5
- Fuente de Gran Vía Paseo de Gracia – May 5
- City Council of Badalona – May 5
Castilla La Mancha
- San Ginés Church, Guadalajara – May 5
Castilla y León
- City Council of Santa Marta de Tormes – May 5
- Font Puerta de Zamora, Salamanca - Date TBA
- Ateneo Mercantil de Valencia – May 5
- Teatro Principal de Valencia – May 5
- Valencia City Council – May 5
- Palacio de los Málaga, Caceres – May 5
- Cloister of Colegio de Fonseca – May 2 – 7
- Palacio de Cibeles, Madrid – May 5
- Fuente de la Glorieta Juan de Austria – May 18
Join in the fun and let’s show the world what our global community can do!
Join this growing movement! Choose a building, monument or statue in your area.
Step 1: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestion. Please see the list below of the buildings, monuments or statues that volunteers are currently contacting. Email us to with the name of the site you want to contact. We will confirm and add your site to the list below. On to step two!
Step 2: Contact the building, monument or statue.
a) Find the contact information on their website.
b) Call or email them directly and ask what the process is to light up the building, monument or statue. c) Once you know the process, use this template, complete your information, and email it to the site.
Step 3: Wait for confirmation. It may take 4 – 6 weeks; if you don’t hear back, don’t be shy! Go ahead and contact them again.
Step 4: Official confirmation. Some buildings, monuments or statues want official confirmation from HSC. That’s no problem just forward the request to email@example.com and we will confirm you are working on our behalf. Please note: Most sites will need 6 – 8 months to prepare so, let’s start now!