You can fight HD, support our families and help search for a cure. Help us.
Each December, your chapter needs to submit a budget to National Office for the following fiscal year, which runs from July 1 to June 30. The chapter budged that you submit is the bases for the budgeting of the organization for the coming fiscal year. It is based on the plan that you create for your chapter, as described in the last section.
Keep the following points in mind as you decide how much money you will raise and spend:
• Base your budget on your chapter plan for the coming year. How much will each activity cost? How much money will it bring in?
• Base your budget on what you can reasonably expect to accomplish during the next year. If any revenue source depends on a number of undetermined factors - if it is a "maybe" or a "dream" - leave it out. If the revenue arrives, we will still put it to good use, but our budget won't depend on it.
• It is always good to have two columns in your budget. One for the most conservative amount you think you will raise , and one for the amount you are hoping for.
Chapter Bank Account Policy
Our bank account policy has been designed to protect the Society and its chapters. The following rules apply to all chapter bank accounts:
• All accounts are set up in the nearest branch.
• Chapters must get permission from National Office before opening a bank account.
• Each account must require two signatures.
• All cheques must be carbon copy duplicate checks.
• If the chapter dissolves, all money must be transferred to National Office.