You can fight HD, support our families and help search for a cure. Help us.
You can raise funds in your community in many ways:
• by establishing special events
• by getting involved in one of our signature national fundraisers
• by assisting with institutional giving or individual giving
• by keeping your eyes out for major gift opportunities, or
• by developing relationships with local service clubs
Just ask yourself - as an area representative or as a chapter - what you find most interesting, most fun and most appropriate considering your resources.
Our Achievements...So Far!
HSC's balanced fundraising program includes:
• A vigorous Annual Giving program, where we invite individuals, corporations, foundations, groups and governments to help create a world free of HD
• A range of special giving programs for individuals:
• Champions of Hope monthly giving plan;
• Family Funds giving program (a enduring tribute to a family participating in the fight against HD);
• Honour Programs: Honour gifts to celebrate milestones, Memorial gifts to celebrate a life, and Shining Stars to pay tribute
• The Ralph and Ariel Walker Summit Society: Leave a planned gift or legacy in support of the Huntington's cause
• Fun, innovative fundraising programs and special events held in communities across Canada by dynamic and committed volunteers
• Two signature national fundraising events: the Huntington's Indy Go-Kart Challenge and the Amaryllis Campaign
• Membership in Healthpartners, a fundraising campaign in federal government workplaces to support national health charities
For more information regarding our current fundraising programs, click here
Supporting Our Volunteers
If you have a fabulous new idea for an event, we can tell you if anyone else in the HSC circle has done something similar, or we can work with you on planning it "from scratch." Maybe it's such a great idea, we would like to launch it nationally. Or, maybe it's not something the Huntington Society of Canada can do for some reason. Please check with us first.
If you have great ideas for individuals who you know that may be interested in making a gift or helping us with a sponsorship or a special project, please contact National Office, as we can definitely help – we may have already contacted this person!
We have terrific resources to help you in planning an event. Please contact the National Office for more.